Desert Rain

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Desert Rain

Post by Dennis Gallus »

With 2.2 inches of Tropical Storm Odile rain last night (and a total of 6.6 inches over the past 3 days) our desert neighborhood looked rather dazzling under this morning's sunshine.

An impressionist view of the grass in our yard. Interesting bokeh from the Nikon 24-85 VR zoom at 85mm at f/6.3

A Morning Glory

Without the rain, would just be weeds

Another Morning Glory

Fortuitous landing of a butterfly as I was composing this shot.

All this rain has prevented me from doing my planned P2D neighborhood walk, but I still have a few days (and hopefully, less rainfall).

Thanks for looking!

Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
PFMcFarland

Re: Desert Rain

Post by PFMcFarland »

You should be getting some wonderful flower shots now, Dennis. That butterfly one would have been just as great without the insect.

I was hoping you were on higher ground when I saw the radar returns the other night. I got my Photowalk in yesterday, and it's a good thing because today is nothing but rain. Not as bad as what you got, just a heavy mist, but just right in this area, not wide spread. We are looking at getting the Odile stuff on Sunday.

PF
Waiting for the light
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

luvverly
Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by P C Headland »

Very nice.

Our distinctly non-desert like climate is dumping enough rain to warrant an underwater housing were I to feel inspired enough to take out the camera....
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

P C Headland wrote:Very nice.

Our distinctly non-desert like climate is dumping enough rain to warrant an underwater housing were I to feel inspired enough to take out the camera....
i actually have and ujnderwater camera i am about to sell if interest ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

All have a refreshing beauty to them, Dennis. There is something poetic about the shot of the flower and butterfly on the fence wire. The rain sure is life-giving.
-- James
James McKearney
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Very nice series, Dennis. That capture of the butterfly (and in contrasting color to the flower!) is a beauty.
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Very nice. Especially the last picture with the butterfly is a great picture. That little Nikon is really a shiner!
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Spectacular Dennis. I lived in Arizona for a few years as a kid, and it's good to see images that remind me of how beautiful the place can be. Helps me try to forget tennis practice from 10-12 on summer weekdays, or 3rd-degree burns upon getting back into the car after traipsing through the mall with my folks. :-|

Robert