Along The Way 081414

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

Along The Way 081414

Post by PFMcFarland »

Some random selections from a day on the road. Click the link at the end for the full set.

Landed Hover by br1078phot, on Flickr

Bee Paradiso by br1078phot, on Flickr

Potts Mountain Lookout 3 by br1078phot, on Flickr

Toward The Gap by br1078phot, on Flickr

Front Moving In by br1078phot, on Flickr

Last Load by br1078phot, on Flickr

The End by br1078phot, on Flickr

Link to more photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7699588@N ... 318697729/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PF

Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Along The Way 081414

Post by minoly »

Phil, That Thistle that started out your post really caught my eye-- a striking Thistle photo, though I have to admit that I've had a lot more experience with cutting them than looking at their photographs. But, seriously, you put together a good series that has some real feeling to it, some happy, some sad, all reflecting the countryside's current look. I still haven't adjusted completely to the big, round bales; but your hay photos in that great setting have a good feeling to them, particularly the one, only on Flickr, that shows the bales on a slight hill. Very productive trip that you had. Whatever camera you were using surely allows a lot of different perspectives.

Bill Delehanty
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

I like this series, especially those butterflies and the Last Load shot. An excellent day in the road, indeed.
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Dennis Gallus »

Phil,

I agree with Bill, that first photo is an eye-catcher. But this whole series is very good, it makes me miss the Virginia countryside a bit.

Dennis
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, all. The Nikon P7700 is a very versatile camera, even though the folks on RFf poo-poo'd it as a P&S because of it's small sensor. It's got all the bells and whistles any Advanced Compact has, quite a few of which I haven't even used yet. I'm still trying to sort out the metering system, as it's to high when it's bright, and too low when it's dark. I don't do very good with keeping track of what settings I'm using on it, so I have to re-shoot stuff sometimes. I wish it had a viewfinder (it figures that Nikon would come out with that as an improvement on the next version a month after I bought mine). But I'll live with it until I can afford a DSLR.

When I go shooting my film cameras, it's nice to have along as something that I can keep using after the film runs out, and to get different perspectives I couldn't do with the film cams.

I learned one thing this last safari. You don't grab a thistle very tightly when trying to hold it steady in the wind.

PF
Waiting for the light
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RonB »

I remember the saying 'the kid must have a thistle in his britches'. Stand still!

Ron B
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

RonB wrote:I remember the saying 'the kid must have a thistle in his britches'. Stand still!

Ron B
:lol:

PF
Waiting for the light