Minimum Security by br1078phot, on Flickr

PF

Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Old Building in Old Salem

Post by minoly »

Phil, you've really been exercising the Sam 3 with good results. These photos of the old building will keep its image alive even if it falls apart, which it looks like it might do. It looks like it was a country store. Is there more left of Old Salem? The country store I grew up in along with RR depot, stockyards, and grain elevator are all gone though maps still show the location, I suppose because it was a train stop. Keep up this good work of documenting a changing countryside. I like the car and B17 photos, too. I've liked the Ilford HP-5 for half frame. Ilford used to put it up in 12 exposure rolls which were very handy for HF; when they stopped doing that, I stopped using it; I should try it again.

Bill Delehanty
PFMcFarland

Re: Old Building in Old Salem

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, Bill. The good thing about shooting a 36 exposure roll in the half frame (or single frame if you go way back) is not much need of reloading during an event like the Memphis Belle tour. I got three different shoots out of that one roll, but it was getting the last one that took so long. I much prefer shooting BW400CN for the lack of grain, but that's getting hard to find these days.

PF
Waiting for the light