Fuji slide film mailers - do they expire 12/31?

Questions and answers about developing film, enlarging and making your own prints. Also, topics on scanning your negatives, transparencies and photos.
tadas

Fuji slide film mailers - do they expire 12/31?

Post by tadas »

I have a bunch of Fujichrome slide film processing mailers. These have no expiration date printed, and an Arizona lab address (rather than Dwayne's in Kansas). I've never had problems sending these to Dwaynes's .

I've seen mention that these may expire on 12/31/14. Having been burned fairly big time by the demise of Kodak mailers back a couple of years ago, I'm concerned.

If they're gonna croak at the end of next month, I can go into kamikaze shooting mode (not necessarily bad - I shot a lot of good pictures in the last month of Kodachrome), but if not, I'd like to keep them into 2015. Also, if they're expiring so fast, maybe I can get them cheap and shoot chromes like they were digital....

Can anyone advise?

LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Fuji slide film mailers - do they expire 12/31?

Post by LarryD »

I think B&H had a notice on their website about this.
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

You could contact the lab in AZ to find what they have to say about it.

PF
Waiting for the light
rodsorensen

Post by rodsorensen »

You (and I) are in luck.
I just called Dwayne's in Parsons Kansas, which is where the Fujifilm mailers go for slide processing. They tell me that they do not have plans to discontinue slide processing at the end of the year. I went crazy and shot about 4-5 rolls of Velvia faster than I would have liked, but the rest of my 30-40 mailers can be used a little more leisurely. :)
RS
tadas

Post by tadas »

rodsorensen wrote:You (and I) are in luck.
I just called Dwayne's in Parsons Kansas, which is where the Fujifilm mailers go for slide processing. They tell me that they do not have plans to discontinue slide processing at the end of the year. I went crazy and shot about 4-5 rolls of Velvia faster than I would have liked, but the rest of my 30-40 mailers can be used a little more leisurely. :)
RS
Are you sure? Dwayne's will continue processing slides past the end of the year (and will probably be the very last place on the planet to do E6 processing). The question is whether their contract with Fuji for the slide mailers will continue past 12/31. The way you phrased your answer sounds like you asked the wrong question. I'll call Monday to find out for sure.