Storm Chased

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

Storm Chased

Post by PFMcFarland »

I don't have to go chasing storms. Plenty of them know where I live. And they always show up around the time I just have to go out to do something, like pay the monthly bills.

Coming out of the apartment, I look down the valley to see a storm coming out of Franklin County. I figure there is plenty of time before it gets anywhere near Roanoke.
In The Next County by P F McFarland, on Flickr

The Nikon P7700 has this really neat flip-out screen that lets you aim the camera behind you (or at you, if you're into selfies), or around corners. This came in handy when I couldn't get it to focus on my rear view mirror. This storm is really making tracks for the north county area.
Over My Shoulder by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Down at the storage lockers, I look back towards the hill I live on, and there it is! Gonna be a soaker, too.
It’s Already Here by P F McFarland, on Flickr

I pulled off onto Valley Pointe Parkway to find a viewpoint without any wires overhead. Above the Conway truck terminal turned out to be a good spot.

This is a nine photo stitch to really show the size of this water fountain of a storm. And it was now sitting right where I had to go. Good thing I learned how to drive a submarine in the Navy.
Truck Wash by P F McFarland, on Flickr

PF

Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Storm Chased

Post by Julio1fer »

That last panorama is awesome! Hate to ask, but did you get soaked after all?
PFMcFarland

Re: Storm Chased

Post by PFMcFarland »

Julio1fer wrote:That last panorama is awesome! Hate to ask, but did you get soaked after all?
Nope, had my rain jacket with me. I went through three of these in the course of the afternoon.

PF
Waiting for the light