A roll in the Rolleicord.

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

A roll in the Rolleicord.

Post by Julio1fer »

Weather has been chilly and rainy, and I am getting lazy. The Rolleicord V was loaded with Pan F+ and I am wary of slow shutter speeds and large apertures, so it took some time to finish the roll.

This is how our late Fall looks like, broken sidewalks and sycomore leaves in the mud. The British Army stayed here only two years, 1807 and 1808, but they left us their weather.

This couple was sitting in my camera testing range, so they got shot.

Today , clear skies but windy and chilly. I got the Homage Tower in the Centenario stadium because it was not moving too much. This is where the flag of the winning team is hoisted after the game, or championship. Supposed to give a nice view of the city but I have never been up there.

New rope and old boats to end the roll. Look how sharp that rope came out. 1/250 in f/8 if I am not mistaken.

Getting used to the Rolleicord controls, and that Xenar lens is not bad.

Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: A roll in the Rolleicord.

Post by Philip »

Wonderful tones and sharpness: good film, good lens, good eye!

My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Excellent results, Julio, even if the Brits did rain on your parade. I recently got a 'Cord V, but need to service the shutter first. The camera looks like it was well cared for, but not used much the past twenty years.

PF
Waiting for the light
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Indeed, nice pictures. Great results from a great camera. I have no personal experience with the Xenar, but I think all Rolleicord and Rolleiflex lenses are great - some may have their own character, but never so-so.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Thanks for the comments! Please take a look at that rope at the low scan resolution (1200 dpi, in Epson V600).

minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

Julio: These Rolleicord photos really give one a feeling of the place and the days they were taken. I find the two dark day photos, especially the first one, to do that particularly well. I believe that the Baby Rolleiflex that I used from 1961 till 1985 had a Xenar lens and it was a fine one, too. The definition on the rope photo is remarkable.

Minoly
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Once a Rollie fan, always a Rollei fan. Whether Xenon or Planar or Tessar, if it's mounted on a Rollei it will have a distinctive Rollei signature. Superb images, Julio. The negs were well processed too!
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
Santiago Montenegro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Santiago Montenegro »

Lovely pics, Julio!