Got some Portraits, Selfies and others

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Hoosier Rich
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Got some Portraits, Selfies and others

Post by Hoosier Rich »

We are a good looking group aren't we? ;) To bad we are usually behind the cameras. LOL Couldn't pick which fit me better, so both it is.

Me with a webcam grab pondering the joys of the near future.
Image14.1 oz of goodness (or 400g of goodness for the rest of the world) by Hoosier Rich, on Flickr

A stop in Wyoming on our drive across America with the digi p/s (tip: DON'T jump onto a brown metal beast sitting in full sun while wearing shorts.)
ImageGreat whitey & the Buffalo by Hoosier Rich, on Flickr

Rich Sanders

Lost in the cornfields of Indiana

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20941345@N03/
LesGediman

Post by LesGediman »

Here is a more casual shot of Claudia taken a few days ago on our back lawn, read pasture.

I think she still has that same friendly smile that has enough warmth to radiate even at 86 9/12 years of age.

Is love blind? Or am I exaggerating?

Pentax K10D
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

lesged wrote: Is love blind? Or am I exaggerating?
No exaggeration at all, Les. A very nice portrait. Warm regards to both of you.
--- James
James McKearney
LesGediman

Post by LesGediman »

Thanks James for your reassurement.

Nice to see the portraits of familiar faces through the years.

Many tested the waters at Photonet but when a tsunami of disatisfaction came to a head, lots of folks surf-boarded the strong wave over to Nelsonfoto. When it looked like the inertia was weakening the Elek wave machine was rapidly developed and a strong cadre of loyal fotogs have supported this third iteration--PhotographyToday.

I haven't been a good oarsman for some time, but with a good spring tonic, I'll power up and try to catch up with the pioneers at PT.
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Dennis Gallus »

A not-unfamiliar pose of me captured by my bride with her iPhone 5. (As someone once said, the best camera is the one you have with you, or something like that). Not a bad image for only 45 kb.

Although the pose is common for me, the ale is better than usual. I'm enjoying a Purple Moose Ale at the Albion pub in Conwy, Wales, just two weeks ago.

This is a fun thread, Martolod, thanks for starting.

Best,
D
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

You look very pleased, Dennis.
James McKearney
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

And with a couple of pints under yer belt......who would not look pleased.....;)
Quick, but useless lesson in colloquial german.....Dennis is drinking ;Blue Moose........we have a saying that if something astounding has occurred, one is said to have been kissed by a moose.........( Ich glaub mich knutsched ein Elch..)......and to be tipsy, drunk, imbibed, paralytic or chateaued, that is drunk on wine.......one is said to be Blue (blau).......
Put the 2 together.......;).....

And you are welcome dennis.....it was a thread 5 years in the makin
Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Nothing current of me, but I shot my kids over the weekend. The occasion was the USA Ultimate College Division III National Championships (what a mouthful) in Columbus, where my daughter was playing for her college team (Rice University) and my son acted as assistant coach. A lot of fun to shoot the tournament, several of my family members attended, and the extra special bonus was that Rice ended up winning the whole thing. Grabbed a quick shot at the end of the offspring with their medals:

D71_5391, Medalists by rbrazile, on Flickr

Afterward, we went out for ice cream. I aimed the camera at my dad, and he gave me the best mock-stern look he could. Cracked everybody up:

D71_5397, Stern look by rbrazile, on Flickr

Robert
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

Here's me a month ago in Milan spinning on the bull's testicles for good luck and a successful return to Milan. This is at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Picture was taken in my Fujifilm X100 by my wife.

My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).