nobody?????

When medium format isn't big enough: 4x5, 5x7, 9x12, 8x10 and even larger.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: nobody?????

Post by melek »

I have a nice Sinar Alpina and a Caltar II (made by Rodenstock) lens. I guess it's a matter of convenience. And also remembering how to load the holders.

I had to break down my tripod for the move. I haven't reassembled it.

-Mike Elek
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Right after my last post, I broke my foot, which got in the way of doing much LF. It's semi-functional now, so maybe I'll try to expose a sheet or two today.

Robert
epatsellis

Post by epatsellis »

rich, if you're not adverse to older tech, a Umax Powerlook III with a transparency adapter works quite well, and let's you scan 8x10 as well. (OK, I'm an enabler...) Dirt cheap on ebay.
Hoosier Rich
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Hoosier Rich »

Thanks for the heads up Erie! I wouldn't say I'm adverse to new or old tech, we just don't play well together at times. :D I'll keep an eye out on thE bay for one. Sorry Larry, the V700 is a bit out my range still at this point. :P
Rich Sanders

Lost in the cornfields of Indiana

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20941345@N03/
epatsellis

Post by epatsellis »

rick, I'll check to see if I have a spare available. at one time I had at least a dozen, across 6 workstations (plus spares). Bought inexpensively as a lot, IIRC. the newer epson's are pretty decent, as long as you watch your CI, regardless of the BS claims most of the flatbed mfrs. make, a density of about 2.0 is all you can get linearly, they get really non linear past that, and noisy as well. (One of the reasons if there's any chance I'm scanning, I develop to a CI of no more than .85 or so)