KEH said 6-29-17 was National Camera Day

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

KEH said 6-29-17 was National Camera Day

Post by PFMcFarland »

So here we go.

Using an old Canon EOS 10D that I got in an auction (I had to come up with a battery and lens), I took it out for a spin at Walrond Park for some nature close-ups with the EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 lens.

Duck Potato by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Hanging Around by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Bumblebee Feeder by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Canon EOS 10D by P F McFarland, on Flickr

See the rest of the photos at https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3tf6yL

PF

Waiting for the light
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: KEH said 6-29-17 was National Camera Day

Post by GrahamS »

Ouch! When I said "depends how old the lens is" I had no idea! That lens is definitely non-digital and will have poor contrast on a digital camera. Especially an older generation one. But wow, high five on your work with it. Bravo.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

I was out and about with a Rollei 16S. I was testing some film that I still have for it, which will help me decide whether to buy some Kodak Double XX cinema film. If I can find my 16mm film reel, I'll process it tonight.
-Mike Elek
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

GrahamS wrote:Ouch! When I said "depends how old the lens is" I had no idea! That lens is definitely non-digital and will have poor contrast on a digital camera. Especially an older generation one. But wow, high five on your work with it. Bravo.
Yeah, well, it was the only one I had that would work on the camera, Graham. I had thoughts of putting more money into a real kit, but decided that would just distract me from my other gear, and I'd never see much in ROI.

PF
Waiting for the light
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

melek wrote:I was out and about with a Rollei 16S. I was testing some film that I still have for it, which will help me decide whether to buy some Kodak Double XX cinema film. If I can find my 16mm film reel, I'll process it tonight.
That should look interesting, Mike. It's been a long time since I shot some 16mm. Early eighties I think.

PF
Waiting for the light
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

PFMcFarland wrote:
GrahamS wrote:Ouch! When I said "depends how old the lens is" I had no idea! That lens is definitely non-digital and will have poor contrast on a digital camera. Especially an older generation one. But wow, high five on your work with it. Bravo.
Yeah, well, it was the only one I had that would work on the camera, Graham. I had thoughts of putting more money into a real kit, but decided that would just distract me from my other gear, and I'd never see much in ROI.

PF
I applaud your logic, Phil. On a nice sunny day, it will still make nice images.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

GrahamS wrote:
PFMcFarland wrote:

PF
I applaud your logic, Phil. On a nice sunny day, it will still make nice images.

Only for somebody else! I'd like to really see what it can do with a proper lens or two, and with the battery grip, but I've been down that road before too many times, thus all the gear just sitting around here.

Thanks for the nice comments. I always try to get the best out of whatever gear I'm using.

PF
Waiting for the light