Somewhere, VA

When you want less than 24mm x 36mm.
PFMcFarland

Somewhere, VA

Post by PFMcFarland »

Inspired by the fact I can’t remember exactly where I took the first photo.

Olympus EE-2, Kodak T-Max 100

By the Road by P F McFarland, on Flickr
Maybe somewhere south of Charlottesville.

Lonely Cumulus by P F McFarland, on Flickr
I parked in a church lot between Lynchburg and Bedford, then walked to the back of the property to get this shot.

Shadows on Goose Creek Valley by P F McFarland, on Flickr
From the Blue Ridge Parkway.

On the AT by P F McFarland, on Flickr
It's not all sweeping scenic views from rocky outcroppings on the Appalachian Trail.

Porter Mountain View by P F McFarland, on Flickr
From the Blue Ridge Parkway.

PF

Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Somewhere, VA

Post by minoly »

They're all good, Phil. Tractor tugs at the memory a bit (if it were around here and I could see a color, I might guess a Case) and the AT view is especially nice as a vertical.

Bill D.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

It sure has the look of a Case, Bill.

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Nice area for landscapes!

I can see your point with sharpness at infinite. In fact all these EE-2 pictures look a bit soft at all distances; Maitani would not be amused.

FWIW, I looked at old pictures taken with my EE-3 - they are a lot sharper than these. As your VA landscapes seem taken with the higher speed and relatively small aperture, there might be a problem with the lens (shimming?) or some other technical cause. The EE-2 should do much better.

It does not look like movement to me, and besides, you are an experienced photographer so I am discarding operator movement. A tripod shot would be handy to check if you are not sure.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

As old as the camera is, Julio, there is always the possibility that it has been worked on at some time, and could have been reassembled incorrectly. Or it could have suffered a drop that knocked things askew in the lens department. But it's fairly accurate with the exposures, and I was shooting 100 speed film (Kodak T-Max) that should have been more conducive to half-frame image quality. I didn't notice any smearing when I zoomed in on the images. It's just a bit too soft overall, except in the shortest distance.

PF
Waiting for the light