Waterscapes in the city

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Waterscapes in the city

Post by Julio1fer »

I am still under the Nikon F2 spell.Took a walk to the breakwater jetty at the end of Sarandi street. A general view of the land side of the jetty with the 28mm.

My objective in this roll was getting used to the 105mm/2.5 that just came in. The following are samples taken with the new lens.

A line fisherman on the jetty, first preparing line and bait, then waiting for the pull.

Famous abandoned ship nearby.

Holocaust memorial monument.

A try for selective focus. I have been trying these images for many years, never getting exactly what I wanted. Maybe I can get closer with this 105 once I learn the ropes. Must learn to use that DOF preview, though.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. This is going to be my last Pan F+ for a while, the can is empty. Going to FP4+ now.

jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Waterscapes in the city

Post by jamesmck »

Nice work, Julio. I like the tones in the first fisherman photo.
James McKearney
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

The 105mm f2.5 is a superb lens, Julio. You should try it for portraiture.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Thanks! Yes Graham, the 105 seems tailor-made for portrait service. Stay tuned.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Such great light you had that day, Julio. An F2 with a 28, 35, 50, and 105 makes for a good day bag kit. Get a big enough bag, and you can include the occasional 135, 200, or 300. I think the reason I've never pursued getting an F4 as much as I thought I would was that after using the F2S, and the F3, it just didn't seem that important, especially since I have an F100.

I lucked out a couple of months ago with the purchase of an F2AS for little money because it had some damage (the finder release lever is missing). But since I can't get the finder off, I can't clean out all the deteriorated seals bouncing around. More on that later.

Just keep working that F2, Julio, you can't go wrong.

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Thanks, PF. Maybe the finder release axle in your F2AS could be turned with a tool? I am not familiar with Nikon mechanics.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Julio1fer wrote:Thanks, PF. Maybe the finder release axle in your F2AS could be turned with a tool? I am not familiar with Nikon mechanics.
Yeah, it could be, Julio, but I've got a donor finder that will give up its lever, if I ever get around to doing the swap.

PF
Waiting for the light