ICCD 2018

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

ICCD 2018

Post by PFMcFarland »

This year for International Commie Camera Day I loaded the Zorki-6 with some expired Kodak T-Max 100, and put the I-26m 50/2.8 and J-12 35/2.8 in the bag, along with what I thought was the hood/filter case for the 40.5 thread mount. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the 36mm push-on set for the I-22 50/3.5, so after a short while, I switched to the J-12 for the rest of the roll.

The weather was beautiful, and I looked for somewhere I hadn't been before, selecting the fire lookout on top of Price's Mountain over in the next county. I was expecting a rutted old fire road, but Oil Well Road turned out to be a nice, wide, and well paved surface due to all the residences that go all the way to the top of the mountain.

There aren't many views along the way, just an occasional glimpse through someones backyard where they've cleared the ground. At the top is the old lookout tower that has been converted into a radio antennae support, and a somewhat newer cell tower to keep it company.

I have more photos to add to the album, and will be doing so in batches as they have different themes.

PF

Some samples

I-26m
Side-By-Side Towers by P F McFarland, on Flickr

J-12
Cell Tower Wide Angle by P F McFarland, on Flickr

J-12
Cell Tower Structures by P F McFarland, on Flickr

See the rest at https://flic.kr/s/aHskBiPyfC

Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: ICCD 2018

Post by alexvaras »

I like the first one, what were those towers talking about? It seems they were talking as colleagues after work.
Thanks for showing the J-12 nice tones in the second pic.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Nice, PF. Around here, taking photos of cell towers and such is likely to get you hauled off...
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

Mice. Thanks for joining ICCD again this year.
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Nice tonal range and scans, Phil. Bravo! Who needs a Leica?
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

In Former Soviet Union Leica was spelled Fed/Zorki/ Kiev. ;)
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, all. It seemed like a perfect day to do some surveillance.

As some of you know from my previous posts, I have sort of a love/frustration relationship with my Zorki and FED cameras and lenses. I think I have the lens issues ironed out (there was some missing blacking on the rear element of the J-12 causing flares), but the Z-6 looks like it could still handle a shutter adjustment. Maybe I'll remember to do that before the next time I use it.

Another thing is the Print Shop Pro software is not totally to my liking. I'm kind of 75% okay with it, but it has some quirks I don't really care for, such as some adjustments will stay the same while you are going through the set of photos, while others constantly need to be reset. It has more sliders and drop down menus than PS Elements 10, the software I used on the old desktop, but they are somewhat confusing too. I never could find the "Add Photos" button it told me to push while attempting to do a panoramic of the towers (they just refer to it as "Photo Merge"), so today I got the latest version of Elements (2018). Will get that installed by the end of the week, depending how busy I get catching up on other things.

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Nice set, PF. That lens is really sharp!

The Zorki-6 is my favorite Russki and it is a great combination with the J.12.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, Julio. I might just leave it on there if I get a single focal length finder for it. The Tewe zoom finder is okay, but it adds bulk, wants to slide out of the accessory shoe, and is a little off kilter. I'd put the Nikon finder on there, but don't want to have to go looking for it every time I want to shoot the LTM lenses.

PF
Waiting for the light
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

To all: If you are thinking of getting the PS Elements 2018 program, I don't think I can recommend it. It does what it says it will do, but they removed some features from the earlier versions, and dumbed things down to make it more consumer friendly. So now if I want to do a panorama, I'll have to get a subscription to the online version of Photoshop, or keep my old computer running. Biggest waste of $105.00 in a long time.

PF
Waiting for the light