Voigtlander Superb - Madrid

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Voigtlander Superb - Madrid

Post by alexvaras »

I'm back, as general McArthur and Terminator promised.

This time with some photos from my trip to Spain, 5 years without going, a lot! Let's try to do it once in a year minimum.
I made a bet and Im unsure if I won, I took the Superb with this shaking shutter problem and some pics were 'ruined' by it even trying to holding as I described, I guess too much tension composing and trying to keep the shutter without any shaking made my fingers frozen after some seconds. I will take the camera with my friend here and discuss a solution if any.

Anyway, here are some examples, first stop was Madrid for a couple of days.

Gloria, if I could choose my mom, she would be the chosen one, she is the mother of my best friend. Attention to her left hand.

A gate/entrance to a building, this is a typical one.

Madrid City Hall from a lonely street, no shops around, no people.

Now two friends, the ones you discover by your side when hard times come.
Chema AKA "El Checheno" AKA "Taliban", he had his 6 month haircut a week ago, now he is a normal guy. The best colourist in Spain nowadays.

Iñaki AKA "El Colegial" now he seems older, but before he could pretend to be a high school student with success :)

"Nobody expects Spanish Inquisition!!" Well... The latest headquarter from them is this building.

After I took previous photo I turned back and I found this corner and I thought why not... Actually its a very good example of the buildings/housing around this area, small balconies in every window with shutters to keep the sun away from home, curtains are not enough, with shutters you can have an air flow from window to window, its gonna be hot but at least you have "fresh" air.

One more roll is coming with an example of typical Spanish tree/park.

What I found after 5 years in Moscow and going to Madrid... The light is harder to handle, all my readings were wrong or at least seemed me so.

Thank you for watching and I'm sorry if I comment too much, if you are not familiar this the city somethings deserve an explanation.

Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Voigtlander Superb - Madrid

Post by Julio1fer »

Alex, nice portraits of your friends, the Superb is doing a superb job. Very sharp at high definition, too.

Madrid is a wonderful city. Lived there for 3 months one winter, more than 10 years ago, in a small apartment very close to Puerta del Sol, in Arenal street.

Those buildings look familiar but I cannot quite place them right now.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

It is nice to get back home again. I myself just completed a week and a half visit to Indiana (though the photography chances were slim). Madrid looks nice even with the problematic shutter, and you did good with the friends portraits.

The light is going to be different because you were at a lower latitude than when in Moscow. It's one of the variables you have to factor in (the others being time of day, and season of the year) when calculating exposures. Maybe altitude also (less atmospheric filtering).

PF
Waiting for the light
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Well done, Alex. Thank's for sharing.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Thank you all :)
Julio1fer wrote:Alex, nice portraits of your friends, the Superb is doing a superb job. Very sharp at high definition, too.

Madrid is a wonderful city. Lived there for 3 months one winter, more than 10 years ago, in a small apartment very close to Puerta del Sol, in Arenal street.

Those buildings look familiar but I cannot quite place them right now.
Arenal is now a pedestrian street from Sol to Opera, those building are 5 min walking from that street, Madrid downtown is very small :)