Demaria-Lapierre Telka III

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Demaria-Lapierre Telka III

Post by alexvaras »

After 6 months monitoring auction web pages I got it for a very good price, of course from France (Toulouse).
Main specs, coupled rangefinder (so bright and easy!), Sagitar lens (tessar type) coated on e.v.e.r.y. surface (not only front), prontor II shutter and of course 6x9, double exposure prevention (Ikontas type) and real leather (not leatherette). The ready case is being restored and I will show it next week. The chrome is a bit gone in some points of the cover and it has some Zeiss bumps in the body.
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
Fully functional, I just opened the rangefinder cover to access the double exposure mechanisms to clean it, now it works flawless.
Also I adjusted the rangefinder through the external screw, it was a quite off for my taste, 10m mark in the focusing ring for correct focusing in the rangefinder, the seller though I wanted to return the camera due this. The good thing is that the labelling for distance in the focusing ring is accurate, if measuring with a manual rangefinder or digital camera you can't go wrong, also helps the camera is f95mm, better margins for DOF. Im close to nail it, I need to work more on the screw left-right + up-down.

I did some shooting already, two rolls and another two incoming, literally I could not stop shooting with this camera, its hot, its sunny and no family around.
Julio you are right as usual, too much sun is no so good as I thought, I'm trying to shoot a lot of lights and shadows and sometimes I can't get a good balance on the photo, maybe I doing bad metering but Im doing the same as before, need to check the film anyway and scan it myself.
On some photos I had to take the black to its position to get the result I like, sorry, I need to improve.

Here we go, the first its a portrait, this is my friend George, he is French of course!
George

Then I took the camera to dacha, what is a dacha? Normally its a small wooden house in a terrain measured in sotkas (1 sotka = 100 m2).
To every worker in soviet times 6 sotkas were given, higher the rank, more sotkas. My wife's family got 6 sotkas in a drained swamp and filled with sand 88km to the east of Moscow, in a cooperative of 340 parcels (each with 6 sotkas), surrounded by dozens of cooperatives.
Anyway 6 sotkas are better than nothing, so everyone started to build the houses by themselves of course, now there are more variety of houses, before there were like 3-4 types and everything different was because the owner modified the original designs. We have one of this, with 2 chimneys for the winter.
So all the families go to dacha during the summer times, mainly grandpas and grandmas growing some vegetables, fruits, berries, etc. taking care of the kids in a healthy environment meanwhile the parents work in the city/factory.
We have 12 sotkas!! because in the 2000 the parcel next to them was sold and they were quick buying. We have pines, birchs, apple and pear trees, berries and flowers everywhere. In fact the are the ones with a semi-forest meanwhile others have no trees at all.
Its very common to have a dacha near Moscow, unless you are from the regions and your dacha is 1000km away. But you can buy one :)
After the big intro some photos, its hard to take BW into the green world, so I shot wood :D
More photos from dacha will be added in the future.

I made this table 6 years ago.
ImageWooden table

One of my favourites spots, attention to the right side, the swing my daughter used to play with :)
Swing

Some spot where the wood is drying for the winter time
Paint needed

Same as before but with wood to be chopped.
To be chopped

At the small forest at the nearest hospital.
Lion

Statue

Now wandering through Moscow with the bike.
Bolshoi Theatre, translation is big theatre, guess why :)
Bolshoi Theatre

Architecture University (build 1860-1892) too much time to build it... Need to check the numbers.
It has been restored, facade is gorgeous.
Architecture University of Moscow

I cannot stop shooting streets.

Finally the White Wall I wrote about, sharp.
White Wall of Moscow

Shooting these guys makes me nervous, one day one its going to wake up and ask me why I doing a photo... Focus error.
Sleeping

More to come... I hope better :)

Thank you for watching.

PFMcFarland

Re: Demaria-Lapierre Telka III

Post by PFMcFarland »

I thought maybe those guys were models for a mortuary service. :lol:

Great looking camera, Alex, and the photos came out very well. Sometimes you just have to let the shadows block up, like on that portrait of George. Ones attention should be on the human subject anyway, not the bushes behind him.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

PFMcFarland wrote:I thought maybe those guys were models for a mortuary service. :lol:

Great looking camera, Alex, and the photos came out very well. Sometimes you just have to let the shadows block up, like on that portrait of George. Ones attention should be on the human subject anyway, not the bushes behind him.

PF
Yes Phil, they seemed so :)
Thank you, I found out this camera needs one more stop open, much better results.
Here are some from the other two rolls.

Pedestrian bridge near Kievskaya Train Station

Atlases

Tree and shadow

And now portraits
Summer time

A break for delivery boys.

Vita and David

David and Vita

Example of please give me on more stop.
Morning coffee

Veggie

Olga

I recognise I was very lucky these last days, 100% people I asked for a photo said yes :)

Thank you for watching!
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Very interesting portraits, Alex.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Yes, saw them on Flickr earlier today. More great results.

PF
Waiting for the light
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Nice camera, superb lens, great results. Bravo! Alex.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by P C Headland »

Lovely camera. I looked for a good one of these for ages and ages, and never found anything decent at a price I was prepared to pay. Looks like you got a good one.

I look forward to seeing more photos.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Thank you all.
P C Headland wrote:Lovely camera. I looked for a good one of these for ages and ages, and never found anything decent at a price I was prepared to pay. Looks like you got a good one.

I look forward to seeing more photos.
I think I was lucky with this one, only one competitor and I got it for a quarter or less than the actual auctions, I can ask the seller if you want, he said he has more than one.
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by P C Headland »

Don't tempt me !! I've got too many sitting there unused at the moment, I really should get out an exercise them.

I'm shooting most stuff with a pocket sized monochrome "Leica" - a Huawei P9 up to a week or so ago, and now a Mate 10. I don't think I've developed a film this year :cry: