Non touristic Moscow.

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Non touristic Moscow.

Post by alexvaras »

Hi all,

So far I have been shooting the nice parts of Moscow, downtown streets, parks, boulevards, churches, people resting and happy. Well all these represents less than 1% of Russia.
I'm going to try to shoot the "ugly" Moscow, suburbs, inner yards, broken things that no one repairs or cares about and such things.
There is always a reason why these things are this way and I will try to explain it, this way a foreigner can get the idiosyncrasy of the city/country/people.

The first photo is located between boulevards, the inner yard of an old building where many restaurant are located, the inner yard is full of a/c machines and smoke escape fans for kitchens. Need to check if the restaurant in front works or its closed.

Broken door.

Thank you for watching.

GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Non touristic Moscow.

Post by GrahamS »

Fascinating. If that is graffiti on the door it's very good. The standard of bricklaying leaves something to be desired.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

GrahamS wrote:Fascinating. If that is graffiti on the door it's very good. The standard of bricklaying leaves something to be desired.
I will come back and check but I think it was a real graffiti.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Gritty is good. As long as they don't sic the dogs on you.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Another shot belonging to this series, slow but steady :D
This time Plaubel Makina II with Orthar 73mm, film that I thought it was colour it was TriX 400, finally pushed to 1600 and developed as 1600. I'm not good at it, this is the only frame I could savage, others were tries to shoot inside the metro with very low light at f/6.3, I had one frame left and I think it came out decent.

Smoking point.

To the right the entrance to the lab I'm about to leave, they are in a old factory building. Everyone comes here for smoking.
More to come.

Thank you,
Alex