CoronaVirus Pandemonium

If you need to unleash a rant or just have something that you want to say, you can post it here. It doesn't have to be about photography.
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CoronaVirus Pandemonium

Post by titrisol »

Where I live in NC, the number of cases is very low and things seem contained
Yet the governor is on a nice power trip....

Anyhoo, in an exercise of futility I decided to make 35mm adapter for my Ricohflex. Designed it and 3D-printed
Will test it soon

ImageRicohflex-35mm adapter

If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

What a project! Did it work? I am concerned about the durability of 3d-printed plastic parts that have to bear some stress.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Julio1fer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:03 pm
What a project! Did it work? I am concerned about the durability of 3d-printed plastic parts that have to bear some stress.
I've got a printed grip for my CL that feels good and sturdy. But it does make one wonder when viewing the layers that run through all the stress points.

PF
Waiting for the light
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

Yes, the adapter worked fine in the Richoflex; however the shutter got out of whack (again) and most of the pictures were either overexposed or had dark spots from the shutter not closing properly
It is also very weird to shoot a TLR sideways, but that was fun
The parts are fine, I printed them with 5 solid layers on top and bottom and 8 perimeters; plus the infill was using a star which is the strongest
PLA is fine for the amounts of stress we subject it to, I have printed parts for the car, a friend's boat and some others which have held up well
For high strength you can always use ABS
Julio1fer wrote:
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

Durability depends on the material, print technique, layer height, infill, etc etc etc
for the grip (this one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:597022) the stress is minimal and can be printerd in PLA or ABS at about 0.2mm with 5 perimeters or more and should be fine

PFMcFarland wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Julio1fer wrote:
I've got a printed grip for my CL that feels good and sturdy. But it does make one wonder when viewing the layers that run through all the stress points.

PF
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

Another crazy idea....
I was using and old Pentax CopyPod to dogitalize negatives using my DSLR but them i realized I could use one of the enlargers to do the same with more precision

In the old times I had a Nikon Repro-Copy outfit like the one shown HERE with the particle board base/carrying case

I liked the idea of having prongs to hold the camera horizontal with the image plane and decided to make one to fit my camera and my old enlarger (Bogen 22B) The enlarger had a screw (1/4"-20) to mount the head, and 2 holes to make the enlarger head horizontal so it was easy to attach small screws (4.5mm head) to do the same. I have ordered shoulder screws which should be perfect for v2.

The prongs have a bit of tolerance and I have found it can be used in most Pentax cameras and it should be easy to modify for any brand of camera/enlarger

The finish at the top is not very good, but that was me experimenting
The file for 3D printing is here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4440710

Front

Back

Camera Mounted
Last edited by titrisol on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

I would say it does the job pretty well :)
Congrats!
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

titrisol wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:23 pm
Durability depends on the material, print technique, layer height, infill, etc etc etc
for the grip (this one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:597022) the stress is minimal and can be printerd in PLA or ABS at about 0.2mm with 5 perimeters or more and should be fine

PFMcFarland wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Julio1fer wrote:

PF
I do believe that's the file he used. Truth be told, I don't put a lot of stress on it when holding the camera, it just creates a place for my fingers to rest. BTW, I found out there is a roll of film in it I forgot was loaded. Will have to check my log to see what it is.

Good use of a retired enlarger. I'd been thinking of getting a repro stand, but now I just might convert my $10 Bogen 22a Special.

PF
Waiting for the light
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

PFMcFarland wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:33 pm
titrisol wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:23 pm

I do believe that's the file he used. Truth be told, I don't put a lot of stress on it when holding the camera, it just creates a place for my fingers to rest. BTW, I found out there is a roll of film in it I forgot was loaded. Will have to check my log to see what it is.

Good use of a retired enlarger. I'd been thinking of getting a repro stand, but now I just might convert my $10 Bogen 22a Special.

PF
If you want me to make one for your camera let me know, I'll be glad to
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Wow, that last post of mine was from June! I have been away from here way too long.

Don't know as I'm really liking the grip I have, Pablo, or if any other one would work for me either. I'm thinking of just using a wrist strap from now on. Only two thirds through that roll of film too (Ilford Delta 100).

PF
Waiting for the light