Local race (Run, Montevideo!)

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Local race (Run, Montevideo!)

Post by Julio1fer »

Yesterday in the late afternoon there was a big half-marathon race for amateurs, in several distances (5 km, 10 km and 21 km). I had a roll of Pan F+ in the Canon 7, so went to the Rambla to see people run, sweat and suffer. It is taking me very long to finish a roll these days, cannot afford to lose an opportunity.

The race turned back on the same route, so runners would pass in both directions.

A photographer was following the race in a bike, probably making video.

This was my favorite image. The guy in the wheelchair is about to pass the other one. I like his expression.

All this was very fast, so I just followed the action and released shutter when the subject was in a pre-focused zone. No chance to compose too much. The lens was the Canon 50mm 1:1.8 which is quite decent. The viewfinder is very good for this kind of action.

Had an issue when loading film into the Rondinax and got some marks on the negatives (for instance the lighter patch in #3). Sorry for that.

Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Local race (Run, Montevideo!)

Post by Philip »

Good pictures, even the one with that white line. The two with bikes are my favourites -- especially that guy with his camera pulled out front. :)
My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

I could never understand the fascination with running long distances, especially when a bike would get you there quicker. But that's just me. I've had some good friends that were into running, and used to photograph their races. Then watch them suffer at work the next few days while they recovered from all the pounding their legs took.

That first shot with the wide view is my favorite, and you did a good job of panning on the fourth one. Bravo, Julio!

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Thanks for the comments!

About the last picture, I may still make fun from it.

You see, the runner looks like our President and the guy in the wheelchair looks like one of the opposition leaders. Supposing that there is humor left in politics!