Wall Art At The Bulldog Tavern

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
TobaccorRoad

Wall Art At The Bulldog Tavern

Post by TobaccorRoad »

ImageWall Art by Ronald Bishop, on Flickr

Last edited by TobaccorRoad on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFMcFarland

Re: Wall Art At The Bulldog Tavern

Post by PFMcFarland »

Is this a re-do of the original, Ron?

PF
Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

Quite a cast of characters there on the Bulldog Tavern Wall. Only ones I think I see are Bing Crosby, a clergyman, and a Gonzaga basketball player. Those three could fit together --Crosby went to Gonzaga and he played a priest in one movie, at least-- but can't get beyond that. Any story there, Ron?
TobaccorRoad

Post by TobaccorRoad »

These were taken years ago when the artist was putting them on the wall., I have one somewhere showing the complete wall, but I can't find it. The originals have been painted over.
There was an article in the newspaper about repeating them on another wall, not near as good as the original.
The name of the tavern has changed also, The old name was the 'Bulldog. But Gonzaga university sued them and had change it. The Bulldogs is the name of their mascot for the football team.

BTW- I took these pictures in the 80s.--- or maybe a little later?????
TobaccorRoad

Post by TobaccorRoad »

Is this a re-do of the original, Ron?

No Phil, not a re-do, he started with a blank wall. I wish that I could find the pictures I took when it was all finished.