Hay Creek

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hay Creek

Post by scott »

Hi all -

Dragged out of bed this morning at 6:45. Not early relative to my old work schedule, but as I'm on a break, pretty early. Wanted to grab some light in Birdsboro. I've shot here many times, but was eager to do something with the 70D and see if it would rekindle some fire.

So, several shots later, with a ton of ND/ND grad filters, I have a couple I'm reasonably happy with:

ImageIMG_9891a by Scott, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9887a by Scott, on Flickr

This was truly fun. Was nice being out again early, catching nice light, and having something to show for it. The instant gratification of a DSLR is intoxicating. I'm playing with the idea of mothballing film for a while (or longer), and while I have a roll of 120 to develop, I think I may've struck on something.

Anyway, thanks for looking. Hopefully more to come soon.
Scott

Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Hay Creek

Post by Julio1fer »

Those are good images, I like the first one especially, Scott.

Change helps to get back the fire. Nothing wrong with a DSLR, it is the image that counts not the instrument. Even if we all love instruments!
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

One uses the same actions whether shooting film or digital. The main thing, Scott, is you were out shooting, and enjoying it. And you got good results. I'm more partial to the second one.

Some interesting reading I saw the other night that really hit home for me.
http://petapixel.com/2016/08/02/year-li ... rorlessly/

PF
Waiting for the light
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Great article, PF. Thanks for that. Particularly resonating: "I think it’s kind of silly to waste time and treasure buying, souping and then digitally recapturing film images in a scanner."

Scott
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by P C Headland »

The most important thing is that you enjoyed yourself! Doesn't matter if it is LF, MF, DSLR or a phone.

If you want to shoot digital but feel like you're shooting film, try a Sigma DPx Merrill. You only get 40-60 shots before the battery goes flat, you've got limited ISO options and processing takes time (the film-like part), but you do get to review your shots while you're taking them (the digital bit).

The results when you get it all right are stunning.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

One more from that trip:
ImageIMG_9894a by Scott, on Flickr