Boston skyline

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boston skyline

Post by jamesmck »

Boston skyline across the Charles River from the MIT boat house in Cambridge. Six-shot stitch.

James McKearney
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Boston skyline

Post by Julio1fer »

Thanks for bringing back memories, James. I walked a few times along this view, too many years ago, with my then new K-1000.
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

...and the Harvard bridge is still above water, so that's a good sign. :-)

Nice pano with an interesting composition...

Robert
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

Julio1fer wrote:Thanks for bringing back memories, James. I walked a few times along this view, too many years ago, with my then new K-1000.
Glad to jog pleasant memories, Julio. About when were you there? This part of the skyline is probably the same as you saw. Further downtown, and in the area now being called the seaport, there have been big changes in recent years. If available, post some of your K1000 photos. I had that camera when it first came out (circa mid-seventies).
James McKearney
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

James, I was there for most of 1980. Bought my K-1000 new in an Arlington camera shop after a lot of comparison with the Canon AE-1.

I will try to find some slides from that era. And yes, that skyline looks much the same, with the Hancock and Prudential towers.
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

<ears perk up>Arlington camera shop? New England Photo, or Cameras, Inc (across from the high school)? I'm guessing the latter...was still here until about two years ago when the chain of 2-3 stores closed. Still miss it, as it's location is/was walking distance from my house, if I don't mind climbing the hill to go home...

Robert
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

I do not remember the shop's name, but definitely in Arlington. IIRC, a relatively small shop in the middle of a block, very friendly and helpful staff.
Santiago Montenegro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Santiago Montenegro »

Bittersweet memories for me. For the last decade I worked for a Boston-based corporation and visited every spring, so year after year I would spend my birthday there. I learnt to love this city. Now they've decided to sell the Venezuelan operation, so I will no longer be a habitué.
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

Sorry to hear that, Santiago. Boston will miss you.
James McKearney
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Julio, New England Photo is still there and still tiny, and is more or less in the middle of a block.

Santiago, very sorry to hear it, for all the reasons. Best of luck with whatever the future holds.

Robert