Hugo Studio?

Share your advice about camera repair or ask a question.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hugo Studio?

Post by scott »

Anyone ever ordered coverings from Hugo Studio? I just found them today. Seems very similar to Morgan's business, wondering if they're related, or any more reliable.

melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Hugo Studio?

Post by melek »

Hugo Studio has a different owner. The fellow's name is Hugo, and he lives in Texas.

I never had a problem with cameraleather.com's products. I did have problems with getting orders delivered.

I suspected that he was a victim of his own success. He had so many orders that he couldn't fill them, and he was unable or unwilling to bring someone aboard to help him fill the orders.
-Mike Elek
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Mike, I've used Morgan's products many times. And he's always been great to deal with. But his site's been largely defunct for years now, and there are scads of negative reports about delays and non delivery. Honestly don't want to chance it.

I was surprised that Hugo lists the Konica I rangefinder as supported. I emailed him a picture to confirm and he replied in less than an hour. I'm probably going to give him a shot.

Scott
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

I had bought some things from Morgan several times. Some orders arrived promptly. Others required multiple follow-up e-mails. From what it seemed, when he had stock, orders went out quickly.

Backorders seemed to pile up. I always liked his selection. I thought his customer service was unpredictable.

I've bought covers from the guy in Japan (http://aki-asahi.com/store/). I've had good luck with him. Just a longer wait time.
-Mike Elek