Flora

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Flora

Post by GrahamS »

We are in the full glory of summer in this green and gentle land. My best Beloved celebrates this wonder every year by creating an English Country Garden that abounds with colour. Here are some examples of what is in bloom now.

Lets see what you have in bloom right now?

GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Flora

Post by jamesmck »

Graham: Your garden is beautiful each year. Kudos to gardener and photographer. We had some rather spectacular tulips earlier this spring, a shocking, almost "electric" orange-yellow. Passersby stopped to comment. The shot below may not do justice to the colors.
Olympus E-PL5, Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens
James McKearney
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Dennis Gallus »

We haven't had rain since March 1, so I don't have much to show for local blooms. Here's a prickly poppy which I photographed two days ago:

The monsoons begin in July, so I should have many wildflowers to show in August.

Nice pictures, Graham and James.
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

James, those tulips are spectacular, remind me of the Kirkenhof gardens in the Netherlands.
Dennis, in their own environment, your poppies are just as beautiful as those growing in the fields here.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.