Welta Weltur on the snow.

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Welta Weltur on the snow.

Post by alexvaras »

Hi all,

My wife decided to join me on the film side and I loaded for her Welta Weltur (still unsold), normally she looks through the viewfinder and decides if she takes the photo, if she wants I check the light and setup the shutter and cock it. Others operation such taking the picture, film winding, camera opening/closing are hers. This way she lost 4 photos due fast winding or incorrect opening (the level for shutter release may be positioned incorrectly when opening if not done as it has to be done) she was not aware of this and I forgot to warn her :(
Anyway she got very nice photos with the camera from these last walks we made.

Here they are, btw she crops normally, in this case I understand it due the fact Weltur takes a lot more picture than you view through the viewfinder. She takes photos where I look and I don't see anything but she does, I like them.
Aperture was between f/5.6-f/8 with ASA 100 and 1/125sec.

About the camera, no winter ready at all, you need to take out the gloves for every shot.
Thank you for watching.
Alex as the scan guy and Vera as the photographer.

GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Welta Weltur on the snow.

Post by GrahamS »

Congratulations to vera - excellent eye for her subject and good composition. All in difficult exposure conditions. Bravo!
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

These are excellent, I love the first one and #5 (unfrozen creek).

I tend to forget how hard it is to walk around in the snow and have enough spirit left for taking such pictures!
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Vera did good! Now you need to get her her own meter, and teach her how to set the camera so she can get into the flow much better.

PF
Waiting for the light