Page 1 of 1

Konica III

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2026 7:39 pm
by Julio1fer
I have used this nice RF a few times but never really felt happy with it

Image

The lens is great, weight and ergonomics are OK. But…the darn (un)safe mechanism for opening the back gets me every time. It opens the back unexpectedly, while you are manipulating the camera for that unique shot. I cannot get to tape over it to avoid turning by itself, which is of course the solution.

In this roll, however, I got lucky and caught it just before disaster. Only one frame ruined, and the rest came out quite ok. A very dark, stormy day, and boats unloading.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Film was HP5+, in DK50 1:1, and all these shots were 1/100 @ f/8.

Re: Konica III

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:32 am
by P C Headland
An attractive looking camera with a nice sharp lens.

What's the story with the door being so easy to accidentally open?

Re: Konica III

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 8:30 pm
by Julio1fer
On the Konica III series, to close the back you must lift the D-ring in the bottom, turn it to the "C" (closed) mark, and then fold the D-ring back down so it does not depress the internal release pin. I always manage to forget this, the D ring swivels under force of gravity and I somehow press on it, for a surprise opening of the back. Senior moments!