Paint Bank, VA Fish Hatchery

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

Paint Bank, VA Fish Hatchery

Post by PFMcFarland »

I used two cameras for this, as I knew I wanted shots that one of them would not be capable of doing well (such as precise framing). I had the Argus C-3, and a Nikon P7700 for when the film ran out on the Brick.

Getting good photos at the fish hatchery requires being there at the right time, as the lighting can be very fickle, with it being situated in a valley between Little and Peters Mountains. Then drifting clouds can cause the light to fade in an instant, and you just have to stand there and wait for the sun to reappear.

They raise trout at this hatchery, and from what I can tell, mostly rainbows. Instead of putting them in the streams when they are small, it has been the practice to let them grow to full size, as the fishers are lining the banks when the drops are made.

PF

Four shot panoramic taken with Argus C-3 and Sandmar 4.5/35 on Kodak ProFoto XL 100

Paint Bank, VA Fish Hatchery by br1078phot, on Flickr

Taken with Nikon P7700

Tank System by br1078phot, on Flickr

In The Lead by br1078phot, on Flickr

Prism by br1078phot, on Flickr

Fin Tank by br1078phot, on Flickr

Good Rainbow by br1078phot, on Flickr

See the rest of the photos at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7699588@N ... 541406666/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waiting for the light