What did you receive for the holidays?

Upcoming events, lights, tripods, camera bags and other topics that don't fit within one of the other categories.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

What did you receive for the holidays?

Post by melek »

Did anyone give you anything? Or did you buy something for yourself?

I bought one of the new Zeiss Planars in M42 mount, so I can use it with a number of cameras.

Aside from that, an almost-new all-black interchangeable back for a Contarex and some small things for my video studio.

-Mike Elek
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: What did you receive for the holidays?

Post by RonB »

A like new Olympus StylusEpic Zoom 80 DLX from my favorite thrift store, I told my wife that would do for my Christmas present from her :D
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

I got a couple of rolls of ORWO to try out, a Rollei Prego Zoom, and a Braun Paxette. And yesterday I found a Canon T-70 in an antique store at a junk store price. And it works!

PF
Waiting for the light
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

bugger all....but then i don't do xmas....so i am not worried. :mrgreen:
Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
Dustin McAmera
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dustin McAmera »

Bought myself a 9x12 Agfa Standard (since Father Christmas didn't bring one). It hasn't arrived yet. It was probably a stupid thing to do: I don't already do this size, and anyway it's hardly different from quarter-plate (which I do); but I was in no doubt that I wanted it. The web shops where I buy film list seven kinds in 9x12, whereas I only know one routinely available in QP, so maybe not so stupid.

Edit, a couple of days later: The camera came, and it's ok. It needs a general clean, and the slowest speeds are hesitant. It has Agfa's thickened grease, but everything that should move does; so I can start using it without taking anything apart. It has three plate-holders with no film sheaths; I may try to make some so I'm making some: I've made one to test my method, by bending thin brass round a dummy sheet of film cut from steel. It looks ok, if very home-made, and it fits in the plate-holder. When I have some actual film, I can check if my first sheath is the right size, and then make a couple more.
Last edited by Dustin McAmera on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dustin McAmera, Leeds, UK.
My flickr pages
Camera-wiki.org
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

well as i had my Pentax isd and tamron lens stolen last november, the insurance company is going to replace it with a Sony A7......happy with that.
Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

I bought myself a Polaroid back plus two boxes of Fuji FP-100C instant film (ten pics each) for my Mamiya RB67, as well as 5 rolls of fresh Tri-X in 120 format.
Looks like I'm planning some MF shooting soon heh?