I've finally launched my YouTube channel

If you need to unleash a rant or just have something that you want to say, you can post it here. It doesn't have to be about photography.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

I've finally launched my YouTube channel

Post by melek »

Here's the URL:

> Camera Talk YouTube channel

I've been thinking of doing this for a while, and I finally decided to make the leap. I built a repair station earlier this year from spare wood in the garage. I bought wood for the table stop and also wood for the video bracket that is clamped to the table top.

I added some lights. Then I replaced the tiny lights with larger lights. I also bought a microphone and audio recorder for separate audio. Video camera audio generally isn't that great, and I wanted more than cell phone video. I added some foam baffles to cut down on echo. I ended up swapping out this video camera with a small Sony ZV-1.

It's going to be a mix of old and new, film and some digital camera. I probably won't do anything on the 1980s-1990s auto-everything cameras, because I don't find them interesting. Plus I don't own any and don't plan to buy any.

So far, I have about a dozen videos with another 21 completed ready to be. I'm releasing one a week, although I might stick a few bonus videos in here and there.

I've done intros for about 10 of the cameras, although I might not continue it, because of the amount of time that it takes to produce and edit these. Plus, I really need a haircut, and I'm not cutting any more intros until that happens.

Here's my video station. I've done some cable management so that I don't have so many dangling wires.
video stand_800.jpg

-Mike Elek
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: I've finally launched my YouTube channel

Post by titrisol »

Subscribed!
I like your MX video, yes they made it a bit too small
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

I like that rig. Will be checking out the videos when I have time.

PF
Waiting for the light
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Subscribed! Thanks Mike for doing all this work. Great videos - keep them coming :-)
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Bookmarked! Thanks Mike!