I bought a 30.5m bulk roll of Lucky SHD100 from Aliexpress on a whim, rationalising if nothing else it would be good to have a cheap film that I cold use when testing cameras and general photographic experimentation.
I loaded a 12 shot roll for an initial EI test developed in Rodinal 1+50, shooting -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. One stop over and one under looked fine, even the two stops over was more than usable for scanning. Shadow detail was somewhat lacking, as expected, in the two stops under frame. Good detail, a clear base and negatives that dried really flat.
Next up I shot another short roll to try in 510-Pyro to see how it went in that developer, shot at EI 100 in the Canon FTb. I had the 100mm f2.8 lens on the camera with an orange filter as I had in mind some wide open shots.
Along my walk, I came across ET:
And I then found Bart:
And a couple of other interesting characters:
Lucky shot - ET caught on film!
-
P C Headland
- Enthusiast

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 am
- Contact:
-
P C Headland
- Enthusiast

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 am
- Contact:
Re: Lucky shot - ET caught on film!
I quite like this film - it's not only a good-for-the-price film, it's a genuinely nice film, especially developed in 510-Pyro (20c, 18 minutes, 30 seconds initial inversion, then 5 seconds of inversions every 7 minutes). I might have to order some more bulk rolls! Ilford film prices have just gone up quite a bit and Kentmere supply is currently a bit sporadic, so this is quite an opportune discovery.
View over the city View over to the South Island's snow capped Tapuae-o-Uenuku (2,885 m, about 125km away from where I was standing in the North Island) Local Domestic Architecture I Like Shadows
View over the city View over to the South Island's snow capped Tapuae-o-Uenuku (2,885 m, about 125km away from where I was standing in the North Island) Local Domestic Architecture I Like Shadows
Re: Lucky shot - ET caught on film!
Glad to know there's an inexpensive option again. Seems like the quality is decent, which used to be so hit and miss. Thanks for trying it and letting us know about it!
Robert
Robert
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
